Although HAHAV is driven by the enthusiasm and work of a large group of volunteers, we are supported by a small number of paid staff to keep the organisation running smoothly. When opportunities become available, they will be advertised here.
Executive Officer – HAHAV
Employer: Aberystwyth and District Hospice at Home Volunteers
Salary: £45k per annum
Hours: 37.5 per week
Closing Date: February 11, 2022
HAHAV is a volunteer led charity providing social and practical support to people affected by life limiting illness in the county of Ceredigion. We also support their carers and the bereaved. The charity has grown significantly throughout 2021; we provide a one-to-one service for people in their homes and a diverse range of services, support groups and therapies from our Living Well Day Hospice at Plas Antaron, Southgate Aberystwyth.
About the role
The Executive Officer will be responsible for working with HAHAV’s Chair and Board of Trustees to build and deliver HAHAV’s vision, providing robust and inclusive leadership. Working with a team of 4 core employees, the Executive Officer will lead the development and growth of HAHAV’s community and Living Well services, identify and pursue funding opportunities, initiate new projects, and foster a culture of continuous improvement and innovation throughout the organisation.
You will have an ability to motivate and inspire employees and volunteers; your vision will inspire future growth of HAHAV’s services. We are looking for applicants with key qualities and experience:
- Management experience with a proven record of service improvement and managing change
- Knowledge of and interest in palliative care
- ‘Ideas’ person who is very organized and can deliver practical results
- Excellent people and communication skills and an ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including partners, public agencies, communities, voluntary bodies, and statutory authorities
- Self-starter and finisher with ability to initiate and troubleshoot as necessary
- Welsh language an advantage
To apply for this role please send an email explaining your interest in and suitability for this role and a full CV to email@example.com