Hi, I am Amelia Quinlan, the Volunteer coordinator here at HAHAV and I am happy to chat to anyone who is interested in volunteering with us in any way.
Volunteers are the backbone of the HAHAV charity. We’re open to volunteers from all walks of life, age groups and backgrounds. We welcome both Welsh and English speakers and there are a wide variety of roles required by the HAHAV team.
Volunteer roles needed for Summer 2021
- We need more male volunteers for our companionship and help (sitting) service.
- We need volunteers who would like to help us with new activities based at Plas Antaron – a wide range of support is needed.
- Breavement support – if you have training in bereavement support, please contact us.
- We would like to train some volunteers to keep our new website and YouTube channel up to date with fresh content
Other roles you can help with
- Sitters: working directly with patients, their carers and families in the patient’s own home
- Therapists: counsellors, complimentary therapists, living well group leaders
- Fund-raisers: they participate in a range of activities to publicise the charity and to support it financially
- Shop volunteers: help with running the HAHAV shop at 14 Pier Street, Aberystwyth and our eBay store
- Administrative and IT supporters: they fulfil a range of functions necessary to keep a vibrant service running well – including producing news stories and videos for our website
- Tech buddies: help our clients get the most out of our online services and keep our web services active
- Gardening and maintenance: helping us keep PlasAntaron and our Pier Street shop in good condition
You can apply online to volunteer with HAHAV or email Amelia for more information on email@example.com
All volunteers will be involved in an initial training programme and depending on their chosen role, they will be provided with continuing training, development, support and supervision. Travel expenses are available.
Dai and Sue, two of our fantastic volunteers, explain what it’s like to volunteer with HAHAV: